Vicky is a Ceramic Artist living in Stroud, Gloucestershire. Vicky first discovered her love for clay when attending a variety of art and craft classes at Stroud Art College in the early 1990s. She subsequently moved to Harrogate in North Yorkshire for a few years to study Studio Pottery. This is where Vicky first really started to show her influence of nature, creating different interpretation of the elements that surround us.
Vicky Completed a Foundation Degree course in Ceramic Design at Swansea in 1995, then returned to Stroud and established her first pottery studio. Vicky worked part-time as a Gallery Assistant at the Ombersley Gallery near Worcester, and attended Craft Fairs and a few local Craft Shops and Galleries in the late 1990s.
Vicky has travelled extensively around the world, which has had a big influence on her ceramic pieces. Mexico, in particular, has a substantial influence on patterns, shapes and the way the pieces have used their surroundings.
Vicky took a few years break from her creative work but with ideas still flowing, started to make plans for future designs.
After working for Cirencester College as an Arts and Crafts Tutor and completing a PGCE/Cert Ed course. Vicky then set up her studio in the shed at the bottom of the Garden and became involved with the Open Studios in Stroud for the first time in 2007.
Since then she has travelled to the East Coast of Australia, and has been a teacher of Art and Pottery at the local prisons in Gloucestershire. Having moved house and set up a new studio, she is now ready to exhibit her new sculpture pieces.
Vicky has been working with a number of local centers and primary schools, doing pottery and mosaics workshops and currently working with groups of people at the Independence trust in Cheltenham, developing workshops for all ages and abilities.
Vicky’s exhibitions include:
October 2018 Well being Exhibition
Summer 2018 11th till 19th August – Church rooms in Painswick. joining Bookbinder Anne Weare
24th March till 13th April 2018 – displaying with the GLOUCESTERSHIRE SOCIETY OF ARTISTS Exhibition at Nature in Art near Gloucester
- December – Montpellier Garden Gallery in Cheltenham Exhibition, display of both my work and the clients Pottery and Mosaics from the Independence Trust
- Joined the GLOUCESTERSHIRE SOCIETY OF ARTISTS Exhibition at Nature in Art near Gloucester
- 18th till 28th August – Church Rooms Painswick, Art Burst week.
2016 SUMMER EXHIBITIONS
- July/August – Church rooms in Painswick with Bookbinder Anne Weare
- Christmas Crafts fairs November and December
- Sunday 12th till Sunday 19th July at the Painswick centre, Green Room
- Wednesday 5th till Sunday 9th August at the Church rooms in Painswick as part of Painswick ART BURST week, both exhibition with Bookbinder Anne Weare
2014 Exhibitions and Crafts fairs
- 27th till 30th November Winter Exhibition at the Painswick centre, Green Room with Bookbinder Anne Weare
- Christmas Crafts markets at Dursley, Cheltenham and Painswick
- Sunday 3rd till Sunday 10th August in the Green Room at the Painswick Centre
- 2013 Exhibitions, Open Studio and Craft Markets –
- Christmas Craft Markets in Stroud, Painswick and Dursley
- Monday 29th July till Sunday 4th August at The Painswick Centre, Cotswold Room. Bisley Street, Painswick
- Exhibiting Stoneware textural Bowls & Mirror frame, at The Old Passage Inn, Arlingham “Wood and Water”
- Sit13 Open Studio May 2012
2012 Exhibitions & Open Studio –
- December Christmas Ceramic Sales @ Parkview Studio.
- July/August at The Painswick Centre, Cotswold Room. Bisley Street, Painswick
- Exhibiting Porcelain Sculptural pieces, at The Old Passage Inn, Arlingham “Earth,Water,Wind and Sky”
- Sit12 Open Studio (Fudge & Ceramic Sale) May 2012
- 2011 Exhibits – The Great Create “Festival of Arts” Greenway 2011
- Open Studio June 2011
- Open Studio June 2007
- Ombersley Gallery near Worcester May 1998
- Final Year Exhibition, Swansea July 1995
- Final Year Exhibition, Harrogate North Yorkshire June 1993